In case you’re running your car on a starving street, and suddenly your “Check Engine Light” or MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) starts glowing.
Isn’t it a panic situation?
It’s quite common, and most old vehicle owners face this situation.
You don’t know what’s wrong with your car. Sometimes, you can’t find a mechanic nearby.
In that case, you can scan your car’s ECU (Electronic Control Unit) with a tiny OBD2 adaptor. It scans your vehicle and gives your exact reason why the check engine light is on.
You can wirelessly connect your smartphone with an OBD2 adaptor and gain all the information about your vehicle’s state.
So, we recommend you- buy a cheap obd2 scanner that works wirelessly. It barely costs $50-$80. It’s a compact device that you can keep in your car cabinet.
There are hundreds of obd2 software that establish a bridge connection between your adaptor and device.
But, in this guide, we’re going to list out some of the best obd2 apps for android smartphones.
Best OBD2 App For Android To Diagnose Your Car
There is plenty of apps and software available that connect with your car’s obd2 adaptor and gather all the information. Here we’re going to see the best obd2 apps for Android.
Here are our top choices-
- Torque Pro
- OBD Auto Doctor
- FIXD OBD Scanner
- OBDeleven Car Diagnostic
- Carista OBD2 Android App
- OBD Link
- OBD Fusion
1. Torque Pro
Torque Pro is the best OBD2 scanner app for Android. It scans the engine trouble codes (ECU fault codes) stored in your vehicle’s OBD-II port.
The OBD-II port is located on the side of your car, just below the steering wheel. It contains all the information needed to diagnose the problem with your vehicle.
- The app works on both Android and iOS.
- You can view the live vehicle status.
- Check fuel level.
- Find out engine problems.
- Get easy-to-read diagnostic codes.
- You can adjust the fuel economy.
- It works with all OBD2 scanners.
2. OBD Auto Doctor
This car diagnostic software is made to help you find all the information about your car and what could be causing a problem.
With the help of this software, you can check if your car is in good condition, and even if it is, you can get some tips on how to fix your car.
The interface is very easy to use, and the interface is very user-friendly. That’s why it’s the best obd2 scanner Bluetooth app for many Android users.
- The tool is designed to detect and diagnose any issues related to your car.
- You can use the tool to find out what is wrong with your car.
- The interface is very easy to understand and user-friendly.
- You will be able to solve the problem by yourself.
- It is compatible with all types of cars.
3. FIXD OBD Scanner
You can now use your phone as an OBD scanner, and this app will do it for you!
With just a few clicks, you will be able to read your vehicle’s codes and have all the information about your engine and emissions system in one place.
With FIXD OBD Scanner, you can read your vehicle’s diagnostic codes and monitor your vehicle’s data such as engine temperature, airbag status, fuel level, battery voltage, and more.
It works great with the FIXD OBD2 scan tool. It’s a tiny Bluetooth OBD2 scanner that supports all car models.
- It works with all car models.
- It’s easy to use.
- It works with all OBD II cars.
- The app UI is clean.
- It’s a very lightweight application for Android.
4. OBDeleven Car Diagnostic
OBDeleven is a professional best car code reader app. The application provides the user with an easy way to find the root cause of the problem and the solution. It will also help you diagnose your vehicle in case of failure.
OBDeleven can also be used to perform remote diagnostics on your vehicle to check its performance. It shows live data of your vehicle with easy to understand DTC code.
- You can easily diagnose and fix your car.
- You can monitor and control your car with an Android smartphone.
- You can program and adjust your car functions.
- You can access and update your vehicle data via the cloud.
- It works with all OBD2 scan tools.
- It scans your vehicle battery status.
5. Carista OBD2 Android App
Carista App provides an easy-to-use interface for Android users. It diagnoses your vehicle fault code and gives information about the actual problem in your car.
It supports a wide range of car models from different brands and makes a year. It shows live data parameters and real-time fault monitoring.
- It supports all car models and brands.
- You’ll get a live performance report.
- It gives all vehicle information.
- This app works with all Bluetooth OBD2 adaptors.
- It has a tire pressure monitoring sensor (TPMS).
DashCommand is a popular car diagnostic app for Android. It gives your control over fuel economy and vehicle performance. You can read your car trouble code on your Android smartphone.
DashCommand supports a wide range of car brands and models. You can plug any OBD2 scanner in and connect it with your smartphone.
It works with Auto Meter, DashLinkPLX, Kiwi 3, Kiwi 4, OBDLink MX+, ELM compatible WiFi, GoPoint BT1, etc.
- It supports all Android smartphones.
- You can connect with any OBD2 scanner tool.
- The UI is clean and easy to understand.
- You can detect any DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) and fix them.
- It gathers all vehicle information from VIN.
OBDLink OBD2 scanner app supports all Android smartphones. If you’ve ordered an OBDLink Bluetooth scanner, then it’s a perfect Android app to monitor and control your car diagnostic.
It provides an interesting UI that reads live data. Although UI is not simple and clean, many people find it interesting. It has a customizable dashboard to make it easier.
- It displays real-time data.
- You can calculate fuel economy.
- It provides the full diagnostic results.
- You can email the result.
- Check and clear diagnostic trouble code.
8. OBD Fusion
OBD Fusion is the best obd2 android app 2022 for phones and tablets. It helps in reading and clearing diagnostic trouble codes with any OBD2 hardware.
It has great features like real-time graphing of vehicle sensors, emission readiness status, data logging and exporting, oxygen sensor tests, Boost readout, and a full diagnostic report.
- It offers a customizable interface.
- You can read and clear diagnostic codes.
- It gives graphical data for sensors.
- It calculates fuel economy.
- It supports over 150 PIDs.
There are many great apps out there to help you track and diagnose your vehicle’s engine performance, but there’s nothing better than an app that does both. We’ve listed the best obd2 app for Android that gives full control over your car.