These days, everyone owns a car, and it really makes the commute easier than ever.
You don’t have to book a cab or look for carpooling when you have a car of your own.
Since there are different types of cars available out there, some buy them for better average to travel more at low cost, some like cars with fancy features from big brands.
Mercedes-Benz is among the most popular luxury car brands out there, and it makes all types of premium cars like sedans, SUVs, coupes, wagons, etc.
Remember that buying a car is not enough because they come with many additional expenses like repairing, maintenance, etc., and you must be ready for them too.
Instead of taking your car to a service center or garage for minor problems, you can actually use onboard diagnostics scanner tools to check issues with your car.
These devices are called OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) and support all major car brands, including Mercedes-Benz.
The latest version of the OBD scanner is OBD2 which comes with a lot more scanning and diagnostic features than the OBD1.
Cars made after 1996 in the United States are compliant with the OBD2 scanners, and for further assistance, you can read more about your vehicle’s model to know if it supports the OBD2 scanners or not.
In this post, you can read about the best OBD2 scanners for Mercedes-Benz.
Best OBD2 Scanner For Mercedes
If you’re looking for the Mercedes compatible OBD2 scan tools, then try these-
1. Autel Scanner MaxiCOM MK808 OBD2 Scanner
Autel is a very popular name when it comes to accessories and components related to cars and other vehicles.
This diagnostic scanner for Mercedes is among the top-rated OBD2 scanners on Amazon.
You can actually buy it for cars of other brands, but it works best with Mercedes-Benz models made after 1996 in the United States.
It can scan your entire vehicle to detect faults in more than 28 components.
If you don’t want to pay for minor checks of your vehicle like the working of windows, rear mirror, headlights/taillights, etc., then you can use it without any worries.
While it might cost a little higher than other products, it is worth every penny considering the features it offers.
- Bi-directional scanning.
- Find fault in 28+ services/tools.
- Supports the make and model of more than 80 cars.
- 7-inch LCD touch screen display panel.
- Very easy-to-use interface.
- Price is high.
2. TOPDON ArtiDiag800BT OBD2 Scanner
If you are looking for a wireless OBD2 scanner for Mercedes Sprinter, then you must have a look at this product.
You will get support to detect and fix issues with more than 28 different services using this tool.
Also, the company provides lifetime free upgrades and support for the software on which this device runs.
The device is equipped with a very big and easy-to-read screen where you can see all details related to your vehicle.
The software is built over Android, so it’s easy to update and navigate. The Bluetooth dongle will pair very quickly to the tablet, so anyone can use it, and the best thing about this tool is that it supports more than 10000 car models around the world.
- Complete wireless diagnosis via Bluetooth.
- Lifetime free upgrade for the firmware.
- Scans more than 28 functions & ECU modules.
- Compatible with vehicles of 96 brands.
- Works on Android 10.0, so it is easy to use.
- No commitment of future software updates.
3. Launch CRP129 OBD2 Scanner
It is a comprehensive scan tool for all types of cars, including Mercedes-Benz.
You can use this Mercedes OBD2 scanner to view important details about the engine, transmission, ABS, and SRS in just a few clicks.
Also, reset functions are available for oil and EPB/SAS. A 7.4-inch LCD screen allows you to read all types of data easily without any issues.
The support of the LAUNCH Store team for this product is fantastic, and you can contact them any time to clear your doubts regarding the product.
It is a wired OBD2 scanner for Mercedes and can be used either by individuals to fix minor issues or by professionals to get more data on different modules in no time.
- Supports all major components and modules.
- Very easy to use interface and options.
- Comes with a big 7-inch LCD screen.
- Monitor vehicle information in real-time.
- Oil, EPB, and SAS reset.
- No guarantee of future software updates.
4. iCarsoft Multi-system Auto Diagnostic Tool
This automatic diagnostic tool from iCarsoft works with Mercedes-Benz, Sprinter, and Smart.
The compatibility of the device might be lesser than other similar devices, but it works pretty fine and display accurate results.
You can use this tool to diagnose and clear system trouble codes from the engine, transmission, ABS, airbag, and many more.
If you don’t want to get deeper into the car’s system for diagnosis, then you should definitely buy this tool.
The latest model of this OBD2 scanner comes with functionality to reset oil light and service along with EPB, DPF, SAS, and system maintenance.
You get a 4-inch LCD display panel on the front that can be used to see the necessary information.
- ABS Bleeding and Injector coding.
- Oil light and service reset.
- Read and clear basic trouble codes.
- Easy to use interface and options.
- 4-inch LCD display panel.
- Does not work with every model and make.
- Comes with very basic functionality.
5. LAUNCH X431 Bidirectional OBD2 Scanner
This is not just another OBD2 scanner from LAUNCH, but it is among the most-advanced scanner for Mercedes-Benz.
By using this tool, you will be able to access trouble codes of more than 31 services of your car.
Not only this, but it comes with a built-in 32GB memory to store the scanned reports, and the storage is expandable up to 128GB.
The device comes with a big 10.1-inch LCD display panel where you can see all the details related to your vehicle.
You also get an advanced ECU coding panel that can be used to customize the features of your car and to access various hidden features.
It runs on Android 9.0, and the company promises 2 years of free upgrades.
- More than 31 OEM level services.
- Custom ECU coding to access hidden features.
- Works with cars of many brands worldwide.
- Big 10.1-inch touchscreen display panel.
- Rechargeable 7000mAh battery.
- Does not support many vehicles.
6. BlueDriver Pro OBD2 Scanner
This OBD2 Bluetooth scanner from BlueDriver is definitely a good pick when you are looking for wireless OBD2 scanners for Mercedes or any other vehicle.
It is very easy to use, and you can get started with it in just a few minutes.
There is no installation required as you just have to plug the device into your vehicle and pair it with your mobile device.
BlueDriver app needs to be installed to use this device, and the app is available for both Android and iOS.
This scanner can help you in identifying various error codes related to your car and also shows possible fixes for that.
You can save both time and money by using this amazing wireless car diagnostic scan tool and code reader.
- Works with almost all types of cars and vehicles.
- Get support from professional mechanics on the go.
- Supports both Android and iOS devices.
- Get real-time live data of your vehicle.
- Very friendly and easy-to-use application.
- No fixes for SAS and EPB.
7. FIXD Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool
It is among the cheapest OBD2 scanner for Mercedes, which works with all other types of vehicles.
You just have to plug the device into your car’s OBD port, pair it with your mobile device, and it will start sending you real-time data about your vehicle.
The app of this wireless OBD2 auto diagnostic tool is available for both Android and iOS devices.
You can also set maintenance alerts and reminders in the mobile app so you can scan your vehicle on time.
The app allows you to pair multiple vehicles to a single device which is a really helpful feature when you own multiple cars.
From basic to advanced, all types of error codes along with their fixes can be obtained from this device.
- Provides information on more than 7000 error codes.
- Very easy-to-use application.
- Provides detailed scan report and information on the error.
- It can be used to fix minor issues with the vehicle.
- Notifies you of maintenance and oil change.
- Does not provide information on transmission.
- No battery registration feature.
8. FOXWELL NT530 OBD2 Code Reader
If you are looking for an OBD2 diagnostic scanner for Mercedes Benz Sprinter, then you can’t find anything better than this tool.
Developed by FOXWELL Technology, the NT530 is the most-advanced OBD scanner for Mercedes that works as both OBD1 and OBD2 scanners.
You can use this device on vehicles that support OBDI scanners.
You can use this scanner for battery registration and get information about various service features.
Also, it is a multi-level diagnostic tool, so you can use it to scan your entire car in one go.
It shows error codes and their fixes for engine, airbag, transmission, fuel pump control module, radio, wheel control, immobilizer, seats, and many other things.
- A complete diagnostic scanner for Mercedes.
- Works with vehicles that support OBD1 scanners.
- Compatible with vehicles of more than 20 companies.
- It can be used to access chassis and body systems.
- Rugged design for better quality.
- Does not offer battery registration.
9. BAFX Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner
This OBD2 scanner code reader is another good Bluetooth scanner for Mercedes-Benz.
Despite being cheap, this reader works with all types of cars, trucks, and other consumer vehicles.
It can be used to read all OBD2 protocols like J1850 and CAN.
Once you have paired your mobile device with the scanner, it will begin displaying real-time information about the vehicle.
Remember that the device can be linked, and the data from this device can be accessed on an Android device.
The scan is done very quickly, but it displays error codes and their fixes in an easy-to-read format, so anyone around the world can fix basic issues themselves.
- It can be used to monitor the live data of the vehicle.
- Very clean and easy-to-use interface.
- Compatible with all types of vehicles made after 1996.
- Read and export older reports.
- ELM327 compliant for professional-level programs.
- Works only with Android devices.
10. Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner
Veepeak Mini is the cheapest OBD2 scanner on this list, but it is no less than any professional scanner tool.
You can use this scanner to check the lights of the engine and also monitor various sensors of the vehicle.
An app needs to be downloaded to use this device and to read the transmitted data, and the app works only with Android and Windows PC.
The device is capable of displaying trouble codes related to the engine along with their fixes.
A novice and beginner can also use this application to fix issues with their car.
The user interface of the app is very clean, and you can customize it to get only the information you want to know about.
It can be paired with various OBD2 scanner apps.
- Very cheap OBD 2 scanner for Mercedes-Benz.
- One of the top-rated diagnostic scanners on Amazon.
- Access car performance and sensor data.
- Fast scanning and report generation.
- Read and fix engine diagnostic trouble codes.
- No dedicated app is available. A third-party app is required to pair the device and read the transmitted data.
- Works only with Android OS and Windows PC devices.
So, these were some of the best OBD2 scanners for Mercedes-Benz, and we hope you have found them interesting.
There are different types of Mercedes C Class fault code readers available out there, but we have mentioned only the best Bluetooth OBD2 scanner for Mercedes-Benz in this post.
You can rely on them for fixing minor problems with your car.
We are looking for more Mercedes OBD2 software free versions, so you can keep visiting this page to know about it.
Also, it is very easy to fit these devices in your vehicles can you can take the help of YouTube tutorials to get it done.
Still, if you need assistance in using these devices, then you can contact us regarding the same.