No matter what type of car you have, getting it serviced and repaired on time is what makes it run smoothly.
While a lot of car owners out there don’t know how to take care of their cars, many depend only on the service centers.
A little knowledge of car components and parts will help you in diagnosing the glitches that often happen in these vehicles.
A lot of car manufacturers have started using the OBD2 system that intelligently scans the entire vehicle for engine and transmission faults.
Since 1996, the system was made mandatory for all car manufacturers to include it in their vehicles.
A lot of improvements have been made to this system, and now every car uses the OBD2 protocol, which is the second and the most advanced version of this service.
In this post, we are going to tell you about some of the best OBD2 scanners for BMW cars in 2022.
Remember that not every car code reader works on all types of cars, so you must buy a system that fits and works with your model.
We have read about a lot of these systems and then made this list of top 10 obd2 scanners for BMW cars, so you don’t have to search for them yourself.
10 Best OBD2 Scanners For BMW
1. FOXWELL NT510 Elite OBD2 Scanner
FOXWELL is one of the best companies when it comes to OBD2 scanners for cars.
If you are looking for a good yet cheap OBD2 scanner for BMW 328i, then you can consider buying this product.
It costs around $190, which is comparatively low when it comes to the features it offers. It is also one of the top-rated OBD2 scanners on Amazon.
This scanner scans for all types of error codes in your car related to the engine, airbags, chassis, transmission, and many more.
While it works with a lot of models of Rolls Royce and Mini Cooper, it is built to provide advanced features for BWM cars.
You can reset control service interval, speed, and light adjustment, and even troubleshoot A/C without any assistance.
- Compatible with a lot of BMW models.
- History option to view your historical data.
- Scans a lot of features and system settings.
- Light-weight and very easy to use.
- Advanced features, especially for BWM vehicles.
- It’s not a bi-directional scanner.
2. Autel MaxiPRO MP808 Bi-directional Scan Tool
This OBD2 scanner tool might look a little expensive, but it offers some really good features that can’t be found in other scanners listed on this page.
It comes with more than 30 maintenance functions and all types of system-related services.
You can use its online account login service to get help with the best service repairs in no time.
It can be used to send commands to a lot of systems and components of the car, which makes fixing small glitches easier for everyone.
A big 7-inch touchscreen control panel allows you to see many details at a single time, and you can equip it with a 64GB storage card to store reports and information related to your vehicle.
- Supports more than 80 types of vehicles.
- One-click update module for faster fixing.
- It can be used by any car owner without any technical knowledge.
- Generate, print, and share vehicle reports online.
- Scans the entire vehicle for issues in less than 1 minute.
- It might sound a little expensive.
3. ANCEL BM700 OBD2 Scan Tool
It is a professional OBD2 scanner for BWM i3, which is used by many car repair centers too.
You can use this device not only to diagnose your vehicle’s faulty codes but also to fix them yourself.
Although it is made especially for BMW vehicles, you can also use it on other vehicles. However, the generated report will be very limited when used on other models.
You don’t have to be a professional to under the data generated by the device because instead of showing raw data, it shows visual codes so users can understand the faults better.
A small 2.8″ screen can be used to see the data while there are navigation and quick-settings buttons available to navigate around.
This is definitely a very handy device when you want to cut your maintenance and repair costs.
- Complies with all current OBDI OBDII EOBD protocols.
- Works with other brand models too.
- Very easy to use OBD2 scanner.
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to fix the error codes.
- Priced very less as compared to other products.
- The screen is very small.
- Limited functionality when it comes to other models than BMW.
4. AUTOPHIX Full System Diagnostic Tool
It is a complete system diagnostic scan tool for BMW cars which is priced very fairly.
From engine to oil service and steering angle sensor, it can detect trouble codes and fix them on its own.
Also, the latest version of this device comes with advanced features like battery registration and 22 special CBS functions to reset and correct different settings.
If your vehicle is having emission problems, then you can use it to fix those issues in no time.
A car owner with no knowledge of components and parts can also use it to fix various issues related to his vehicle.
You also get a small 2.8″ TFT screen on the front that displays all useful information related to your vehicle.
- Can detect and fix various problems.
- Very easy-to-operate interface.
- Works with all types of BMW vehicles.
- Priced very cheap as compared to other products.
- Built with the best quality material.
- The screen is very small.
5. FIXD OBD2 Professional Scan Tool
If you are looking for a wireless OBD2 scanner for BMW e46, then you can consider buying this product.
This small device works with almost all types of cars, and it is very easy to install too.
You just need to pair it with your Android or iPhone device and plug it in the car to begin the detection and fixing of the problems.
While it is very small in size, it is capable of detecting more than 7000 types of fault codes of the engine and the entire vehicle.
You will have to download OBD app on your device to read the data transmitted by the device to the mobile.
Not only the detection but it can also help you in knowing what can be done to fix the detected issues.
- Very small in size and easy to use.
- Can detect 7000+ faulty codes.
- Works with both Android and iOS devices.
- Price is low compared to other OBD2 devices.
- Compatible with all types of vehicles.
- Does not have a screen on its own.
- It might not give accurate results.
6. BAFX Wireless Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner
It is yet another wireless OBD2 scanner for the BMW E90, and it is among the cheapest OBD scanners for BMW vehicles you can buy right now.
Remember that this device is compatible only with Android OS devices, but if you are looking for complete diagnostic reports of your vehicles without spending a hefty amount of money, then you must consider buying this product.
Not only BMW, but it works with almost all types of cars and trucks in the USA.
Your vehicle must have an OBD2 port available so you can plug this device into it.
Once done, you need to download its dedicated application to pair the device, and you will start getting the reports.
Although it is very cheap, it can detect all types of faulty codes of your vehicle.
- Very cheap but offers a lot of features.
- One of the highest-rated OBD2 scanners on Amazon.
- Compatible with all vehicles made after 1996.
- Automatic diagnostic scanner feature.
- Easy to read reports to fix the issues yourself.
- Works only with Android OS devices.
7. OBDLink CX Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter
If you are looking for an OBD3 scanner for F30, E60, or E39 BMW cars, then you must have a look at this product.
The app is powered by BimmerCode, which allows you to access and customize hidden features on your BMW and Mini-cars.
It is a complete wireless OBD2 scanner solution for your cars, and it is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
However, the BimmerCode app is also paid, so you will have to spend a few more dollars to get it.
Once paired, the app will work intelligently to scan your vehicle for possible errors and will guide you to fix them yourself.
This app comes with overvoltage and advanced sleep mode functions, so it can be left plugged into the car without any worries.
- Complete wireless solution for OBD2 scanning.
- No issues related to data corruption and dropped packets.
- Works with all BMW and Mini-cars.
- Voltage and data protection features.
- Provide detailed diagnostic results with guides to fix them.
- The BimmerCode app needs to be purchased separately.
8. Creator C310 BMW OBD2 Scanner
It is a multi-system OBD2 diagnostic system scanner tool for BMW cars, and it won’t work with other cars.
Even though the device is priced very less, it can detect and fix basic error codes of your vehicle in no time.
From airbags to transmission and vehicle information to battery registration, you can use it to fix many issues yourself.
The software on which the device runs gets frequent updates, so your vehicle stays clean from all types of errors and faulty connections.
There is a 2.8″ display screen available, which can be used to see the detected results and reports.
Although the information is pretty accurate, you may need the help of a professional to understand some codes displayed by the device.
- Very small yet highly-advanced device.
- Offers features like EPB engine oil reset and battery registration.
- Display screen to see the diagnostic results.
- Price is good as compared to other products.
- Software gets frequent updates.
- Works only with BMW cars.
9. MAOZUA Creator C310+ OBD2 Scanner
MAOZUA is another reputed brand when it comes to OBD2 scanners. This device is pretty easy to use, so any car owner can use it without any worries.
You just need to plug it into the OBD2 port of your vehicle and start the diagnostic tool.
Soon complete information with the error codes will get displayed on its 2.8″ screen.
You can also do engine oil reset using this device which is quite good as compared to its price.
However, the device is small, it is built with plastic material, so you must not keep it on the engine or any surface that heats up.
Before buying it, make sure to read the compatibility report on Amazon’s product page to see if it fits your vehicle or not.
- The interface is available in different languages.
- Software updates can be done using USB 2.0.
- Very easy to use interface and reports.
- Offers features like engine oil reset and battery registration.
- 2.8″ screen to view the diagnostic reports.
- Does not support BMW 8 Series models.
10. C410 OBD2 Scanner for BMW
It is also an amazing OBD2 code reader for BMW vehicles. As compared to other similar scanners, this tool is very cost-effective as it offers more than what it is priced at.
You get a 2.4″ LCD display screen on the front that displays all necessary information related to your vehicle, including the reports generated by the scanner itself.
Systems associated with your vehicle’s body, chassis, and body can be scanned using it, and you can read guides about how to fix the trouble codes to fix them yourself.
UPsicHi, the brand that makes this scanner, offers lifetime free updates for the software on which this device runs, and we think this is the best feature among all.
- Supports a lot of BMW models and Mini models.
- 2.4″ LCD color display screen.
- Made with a rugged drop-proof case.
- Displays real-time system and vehicle information.
- Lifetime free software upgrades.
- Focuses only on BMW and Mini-cars.
So, these were some of the best OBD2 scanners for BMW, and we hope you have found them useful.
If you don’t know how to use them, then take the help of any service center or the official BWM stores to get it fixed in your vehicle.
While you can buy any of the products mentioned on this page, we recommend having a talk with your car maker first regarding the compatibility.
We are constantly looking for more OBD2 scanners for BMW cars and will add them to this list as soon as we find a good one.
You can keep visiting this page to know about the OBD2 scanner for BMW battery registration.
If you have any questions related to these OBD2 Bluetooth scanners for BMW or you know about some other good scanners, do let us know about them.